Welcome to Volvo XC90 Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Thread: Factory Service Manual??
2 Likes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Likes

Factory Service Manual??

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Anyone able to locate a copy for the factory service Manuel for 2016 - 2018 XC90??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Likes

1 Likes
    No worries, if you lost your hardcopy, you can still read it on the car's infotainment screen, or read it on your smartphone or tablet after you download Volvo Manual app.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Likes

Not the owners manual... the factory service manual contains instructions on how to diagnose and work on the vehicle. It contains information on how to diagnose issues and in some cases get to secret diagnostic menus.

I’m also planning on sniffing the CANBUS to decode some of the modules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Likes

Service Manua

Yes, let us know if you find a source. There is not much discussion on do it yourself in the manual. I like changing the oil, changing the plugs, etcetera. It would be nice to have access to the service manual. There must be a way to access. I found instructions for accessories https://accessories.volvocars.com/In...-)/2017?query=

Manny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Likes

1 Likes
    I have lots of respect for owners like you, but I am sure you know that first 4 years the maintenance is included and free (except tire rotation which is ridiculous - all free but you have to pay to rotate tires), so you will actually be paying more by doing it yourself and skipping on other maintenance / software upgrades that can't be done by owner.

Quote Originally Posted by drmanny3 View Post
    Yes, let us know if you find a source. There is not much discussion on do it yourself in the manual. I like changing the oil, changing the plugs, etcetera. It would be nice to have access to the service manual. There must be a way to access. I found instructions for accessories https://accessories.volvocars.com/In...-)/2017?query=

Manny
    2017 XC90 RDesign Osmium Grey Polestar factory order with all available option except the towing trailer hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Likes

Quote Originally Posted by emoremio View Post
    I have lots of respect for owners like you, but I am sure you know that first 4 years the maintenance is included and free (except tire rotation which is ridiculous - all free but you have to pay to rotate tires), so you will actually be paying more by doing it yourself and skipping on other maintenance / software upgrades that can't be done by owner.
    I hear you and agree. I plan on taking it in for sure, to take advantage of the free service and software updates, etcetera. I just like to know more about the vehicles I have. I have owned more than 75 cars over the years. I have rebuilt a number of engines and have lots of tools. Now that I am older, it is less inviting to get under the car and do things. However I like to see the technology behind the vehicle. How did they design the parts? Is the solution complex or simple. And yes I have learned that doing something for the first time takes probably 3 times what it takes for an experienced tech. That is still part of the alure.

Manny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Likes

Wow, what else can I say, if you owned 75 cars and bought XC90 - I feel a lot better owning it...

I wish I had more time to get to know the "insides", my point of view is these days cars like XC90 are computers on wheels, I spent time to get to know the UI/features so I am comfortable using it and actually use most of the features, but when I open the hood and see how everything is covered, I get the feeling that Volvo does not even want me to do more than just to put a windshield fluid :)

Quote Originally Posted by drmanny3 View Post
    I hear you and agree. I plan on taking it in for sure, to take advantage of the free service and software updates, etcetera. I just like to know more about the vehicles I have. I have owned more than 75 cars over the years. I have rebuilt a number of engines and have lots of tools. Now that I am older, it is less inviting to get under the car and do things. However I like to see the technology behind the vehicle. How did they design the parts? Is the solution complex or simple. And yes I have learned that doing something for the first time takes probably 3 times what it takes for an experienced tech. That is still part of the alure.

Manny
    2017 XC90 RDesign Osmium Grey Polestar factory order with all available option except the towing trailer hitch