volvojoe

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
My car required the roof window seal to be replaced a few days ago. I have owned the car about 18 months. Earlier this week, I got into the car and drove, making a few stops and then on the way home, turning a corner, a stream of water came running out of the black cover behind the rear view mirror. The water fell on the Sensus screen and ran on down. I called immediately to the dealer and they said come on over. Initially, the service adviser acted as though this was the first instance of an XC90 leaking. Upon taking the car into the shop, the seal around the roof window opening was replaced, leaked checked good and that was that. In conversation with the service adviser after repair, he stated they had seen a couple of leaks already and had the parts on hand to repair. We'll see. So far, I drove the car in rain once with no further signs of leakage. The car has about 15k miles on it, 2016 Momentum.
FYI should you see some water from behind the rear view mirror sometime.

crewcabrob

Reactions
State
NE
Country
United States
What I Drive
XC90 Inscription
Thanks for the heads up! I have been worried about the whole sunroof mechanism since they had to drop the headliner to repair/replace my airbag bolts all around the car. I also had to get a new windshield last month. I had wash my car at least once a week, no leaks so far.

Rob