Sat Nav, problems selecting destination.

jpginn

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
XC90 D5 Momentum 2017
Hi,

I had a software update just two weeks ago, and went on holiday last week. Some areas had lots of one way streets, so I wanted 'to the door' instruction.

When I tried to go somewhere by postcode, the exact postcode never came up in the list of suggested completions, so I had to choose one that was hopefully nearby and guess the last bit of the journey. Do map updates happen as part of the software update, of do I have to ask my dealer to do that, or do I do it myself?

Secondly, I tried to use the 'POI near point on map' to choose a specific point to go to. Now it seems to me that if I can choose a particular place, I should be able to say 'Go to this point'. The only options I get are then to choose a category and an item from the database of points of interest. What if I want to go somewhere not the list? An I missing something, or is there a different menu to do what I want?

crewcabrob

Reactions
State
NE
Country
United States
What I Drive
XC90 Inscription
Hi,

My NAV has always been a bit wonky, but after the last update, it seems worse. I have tried to search for 5 addresses in the last 4 days, and it only found 1 of them. All of them were well established addresses, not anything new within the last decade. Funny, the only one that it actually found was my parents address in another city 50 miles from me. The rest were within 15 miles and it would just spin and then say no results found.

I tried both voice and manual entry with the same results.

I also noticed there is a lack of detail for neighborhoods now. I have to pinch/zoom out to get detail back.

I did the following to see if it would help:

Re-downloaded the maps for my region and made sure it was set to home map/region

Made sure auto updates were on for maps

Made sure my modem was working and connected to Volvo services.

I'm going to give it another few days and then contact someone at the dealership and hope they have advice on who to reach out to.

Best of luck,

Rob