Welcome to Volvo XC90 Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Brakes service
0 Likes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Likes

Brakes service

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Has anyone replaced their breaks yet?? Within 12,000 miles I noticed vibration when I hit the breaks, my dealership replaced the front rotors for free. Now, 26,000 miles in, my rear breaks are gone. 893$ to change rear pads and rotors. Plus the vibration is back too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Likes

9000 miles for me and no problems so far

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Likes

Just an update, my front rotors were replaced again and got warranty to cover it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Likes

Hi all,

The dealer replaced my front rotors when I took it in for the first 10k service. I had taken a trip to Colorado and returning from there I noticed an ever so slight vibration. No wonder, I had a fully loaded car with luggage (7 people) for a trip up and down I70 from Vail. I'm sure I warped them bringing the car down from 80mph to a stop due to traffic.

By the way, it was amazing to see the XC90 accelerate with a full load while going up the mountains. I never once had to push it to the floor. I did however have to put the car in dynamic mode to control the body a bit better. 7 adults and extras made the suspension wallow but dynamic firmed things up. By the way, I have the air suspension.

Rob

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Likes

Has anyone used aftermarket break pads and/or rotors? I ordered EBC break pads but found out that EBC hasn't even made one for the 2nd gen. Any suggestions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Likes

Not that this will be entirely helpful, but I recently watched a Volvo promotional video where they claim the OEM pads have an extra 3mm of material vs aftermarket. I would like to know how they claim that considering I have not found a source for aftermarket pads yet. I suspect it will take another year before we see aftermarket catch up to the 2nd gen XC90.

Rob