Driver Profile Not consistently working?

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Volvo XC90 Inscription
I have a 2017 XC90 about three weeks old and I can't seem to get the Driver Profiles to save and work consistently when paired to my wife's and my own key. Wondering if anyone else seems to be having the same problem. I have checked and double checked the settings repeatedly with both keys. I've paired the profiles to the two seperate keys and also protected the profiles so they don't change with casual inputs. However, often times the car does not recognize the correct key and starts up the wrong profile. At other times, it seems to partially recognize the correct key and changes the seat postiion but it trys to recognize the wrong iphone or it does not go to the radio selection that was saved to the correct profile paired to the key. Any help would be appreciated.

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC 90
Ours has the same issue. We just got it back from the shop due to a battery issue. Heads up, if you leave your car for a week the battery will drain 100%. There is apparently a software update for the fix, but we just got it back and have not left it long enough to know if it works or not.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thanks for the reply and the "Heads Up" on the Battery Issue. My Download center shows that there are no updates available so I'm assuming that I have the software update (Possibly a bad assumption).
I have discovered that I need to lock the car every time I leave it, even in my garage or the Driver Profile will not change to my wife's profile when she follows me as a driver. This is obviously an absurd requirement that is not necessary in other cars from my experience. I certainly hope that someone in Volvo software is looking at these things. Does anyone know if someone from Volvo monitors this forum for problems?

I'm also having a really hard time with simple vocal search commands for the Navigations system. Hard to believe but the car nav system will not even recognize my home city pronounced "FAIRVIEW". How difficult is that????

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC 90
The update from Volvo came out 2/15/17 for the dead battery issue. I made the dealership supply me with the paperwork so I knew if they blew it last time the car was in or if it was Volvo. Also, we lock our car daily, it is in the driveway, but the profile does not get saved. It should be as easy as setting the seat and using the memory function on the door to save it, correct? When we program in the favorites from our phone, the car saves them for a day or so, then they disappear. We wanted that for safety but the car keeps deleting them.. Anyone having that issue?

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
My car was not delivered until March 6th so I'm hopeful as we are going on a two week cruise in a week or so.

Something you said got me to thinking that maybe you are not setting the driver profile correctly. It is not as simple as pushing and holding the memory function on the door and, possibly, this is not what you meant.

To set the driver profile, you need to make sure everything in the car is set the way you want it including seating and outside mirrors, climate, radio band & station, driving style and every other display and setting you can think of. Once they are set, you need to go to Settings, System, Driver Profile, and EDIT. Once you are sure everything is "As you like it", you then need to check the box to pair it to your key and, unless you want to allow things to accidentally change, you need to check the Protect Profile button as well. I'm assuming this would also save your Phone Favorites but I have not saved favorites so I wouldn't know.

Hope this helps. I'm surprised there is not more activity on this forum. [dunno]

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC 90
I agree, this is not an active thread. Buy a Land Cruiser, they have fans that will respond to all threads for all years. I will research the driver profile setup and see if that works. Thanks for the tip!

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Mine has never worked for my chosen Driver mode.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
I learned it works better when the key is in the center console where the cups are. Apparently there is a sensor there. You can see the key is made to be positioned there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Has anyone gotten the Driver Profile to set the start up Driving Mode? Mine is set to Pure and always starts in Hybrid.

crewcabrob

Reactions
State
NE
Country
United States
What I Drive
XC90 Inscription
Has anyone gotten the Driver Profile to set the start up Driving Mode? Mine is set to Pure and always starts in Hybrid.
Nope, I have my key linked to my profile, but it always starts in comfort and not the individual drive mode I want it too. Hopefully it will be available some day soon.

Rob