Reactions
State
NE
Country
United States
What I Drive
XC90 Inscription
Hi all,

I thought I would post to see what real world numbers people are getting. I suspect, that right now might not be a great time to ask, as cold weather seems to really kill my mileage.

So far I am pretty happy. I commute round trip about 30 miles each day in mainly city traffic. I am getting roughly 23mpg.

What are you guys seeing for interstate travel? I have not had mine on the open road at all. I'm heading to Colorado soon. It will be about 1200 mile round trip for Just looking for real world numbers at interstate speeds: 75mph.

Thanks,

Rob

crewcabrob

Reactions
State
NE
Country
United States
What I Drive
XC90 Inscription
Here is what my tanks have looked like so far:

Rob

dloftis

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 volvo xc90, 2006 VW Beetle cov
My average since July 12, 2016 purchase is 21 mpg with mixed city and highway trips and 10,500 miles to date. Just had the first oil change at 9,500 miles.
I just averaged 24 mpg. with a 90% tank used on the highway alone.

volvojoe

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
Using Sunoco 91 octane, 25.7 city driving, 28+ on interstate running 70 - 75 mph.

crewcabrob

Reactions
State
NE
Country
United States
What I Drive
XC90 Inscription
Thanks guys! I drove to Colorado and back from Omaha and got great mileage on the way out. 27MPG, 91 octane, no wind, fairly flat conditions and left it to drive itself at 76mph. On the way back, lots of wind and 80-85mph I still got over 21mpg, but not much.

Rob

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 VOLVO XC90
Rob,

Great data are you willing to share where and how? I am a new owner and would love to see this on my driving style. Please pardon my ignorance.

Thanks

WO1

emoremio

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 R-Design Polestar
Hi, I don't know if it is accurate it is but my Volvo on call app states 20.8 average fuel consumption over my total 8600 miles.
Honestly, I don't care too much about gas milage, I love driving in Dynamic Mode, use paddle shifters often and never use Eco mode.

crewcabrob

Reactions
State
NE
Country
United States
What I Drive
XC90 Inscription
Hi all,

I lost all of my journal data as soon as my 6 month subscription expired. To be honest, I track it per tank now, the last two fill ups I got 23.7 and 26.5 mpg. The second trip was mainly hwy travel at speeds of 55-65 on relatively flat ground. 4 trips to Lincoln NE from Omaha NE over the course of 4 days with very little other driving.

On a recent return trip from Golden where my kids have been going to school (CSM), for the first 187miles I got over 30 MPG. No wind, 76mph, very light load in eco mode. The only reason I had to stop was to let the wife go to the bathroom and I was curious to see what my consumption was: 30.7mpg. I hadn't even used 1/4 of a tank.

Pretty amazing numbers for a vehicle this large. I can pretty much duplicate 27+mpg any day at <65mpg.

Rob

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Volvo XC90 News Volvo XC90 News 0