Is Lane Assist available as an add on?

ghurty

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
I know it is probably not doable, but it doesnt hurt to ask. Is Lane Assist available as an add on? My 2016 XC90 has the lane departure warning but I had a loaner car today and I really like the Lane Assist.

Thanks

marcmct

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90 T8

marcmct

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90 T8

vcRdesign

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 xc90 bursting blue
I believe lane assist is different from pilot assist. Lane departure with lane assist warns you when your going off track and steers you back in while pilot assist 1 and 2 semiautonomously drives the car for you even changing the speed depending on traffic. Upgrading the pilot assist from gen.1 to gen.2 is an optional upgrade. I'm not sure about the lane assist..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brentm

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
New Zealand
What I Drive
2016 XC90 D5 AWD
Hi yes Lane assist is available as a software upgrade I had it installed in my XC90 not sure of the software number but have a talk to your dealer , if you run into trouble I can look at on my invoices to check . It basically a part install of intelisafe.it called lane keeping aid. If your dealer bring up your car in the Volvo system using you vin number it tells them all the available software available for your car. I have since installed a hydraulic unit which has enabled me to have the full intellisafe system including pilot assist 2