New XC90 Hybrid Owner

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 Hybrid
Wife and I just picked up a Savile Grey XC90 Hybrid.
We're on day 3 of owning it. Love the car so far, but on day 2, the check engine light came on. Its at the dealer now, 3+ hours after dropoff, they tell us something is wrong with the software for the charging/voltage...?

Story to be continued.

RonXC

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
Welcome

VolvoFan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Welcome aboard.

Reactions
State
AR
Country
United States
Picked up an XC90 excellence on Saturday, and the "engine" icon appears when driving in pure electric mode. Seems to function fine, but Volvo called today to ask if all was well, and I told them about that and they said they'd check into it.

I am comforted by the fact that the "status" in the main display shows no messages.

Let us know how your experience turns out. It would help me know if mine needs anything.

Shawn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 Hybrid
Shawn, if it the Check Engine Light coming on and the Volvo app showing that your car is unlocked when you know it isn't, it could be the same thing. Check to make sure the dealer has the software update (its been out for over a month now, so they should) and have them check if it has been applied to your XC90 yet.

skippy1977

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Volvo XC90
I've had an xc90 T8 for 4 months. My check engine light has never come on no matter what mode I'm driving in. That should be checked. It's not normal.

Reactions
State
AR
Country
United States
Shawn, if it the Check Engine Light coming on and the Volvo app showing that your car is unlocked when you know it isn't, it could be the same thing. Check to make sure the dealer has the software update (its been out for over a month now, so they should) and have them check if it has been applied to your XC90 yet.
I've had an xc90 T8 for 4 months. My check engine light has never come on no matter what mode I'm driving in. That should be checked. It's not normal.
Took the car to the dealer today.

Software update fixed the issue. No more check engine light.

Shawn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
AR
Country
United States
And....

The Volvo on call button did not work.

And, the 120volt outlet in the rear didn't work. You couldn't plug anything into the hole. It just wouldn't go.

Took the vehicle to the dealer. They couldn't fix it, and had to order parts. They will take a week to order.

Will let you all know how the outcomes turn out.

Shawn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
AR
Country
United States
Volvo on call button now fixed.

And the 120 volt outlet was replaced, but still is difficult to use. It has a child safety feature that makes it difficult to use

Nice car, wonderful drive, but still overly technical. I like it a lot.

Shawn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk