Is there a way to keep the infotainment system from starting every time I open the door?

skippy1977

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Volvo XC90
Every time I open the driver door, the entire center console starts up and the radio turns on. It doesn't matter if I have the keys with me or not. I never realized how many often I go out to my garage to get something out of my car but when the radio turns on like this it becomes really obvious. I wouldn't really care if it turned right back off when I close the door, but it does not. It stays on for a long time (I haven't timed it but it is at least 10 minutes). Does anyone know if there is a way to disable this feature?

XCMike

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Swipe the screen to the right to access the settings, you can then disable Automatic Turn On.

skippy1977

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Volvo XC90
Sorry, but could you be more specific? I don't see that option. When I open settings I have several subcategories and can't find that setting in any of them. Also, I don't access settings by swiping, I have to touch the top of the screen to bring up a drop down menu so maybe we have different software versions.