2017 XC90 T8 Multiple Problems

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 XC90 T8
I ordered and had delivered in December a new 2017 XC90 T8. Problems started almost immediately. Check engine light came on and cleared several times. The navigation system quit. It lost its satellite signal ( lost it in Dallas and it still thought I was driving through Dallas when I was actually in Tucson). The electric motor randomly shuts off for no reason while driving in city traffic and with a full charge. It then may later (not always) start up and work fine for the rest of the trip.

I took my car into the Volvo dealer in Tucson for the above issues. Numerous software updates installed with no clear indications the updates would resolve the issues. Mtce report was laced with could not verify complaint.

Since software upgrade no more navigation problems or check engine lights, but it has only been 3 days. I have seen previous complaints where these problems were intermittent and persistent.

The problem with the electric motor remains. Since it does not generate a warning light, it is probably unsolvable by all but the most persistent service department.

However, a new warning light has come on and gone off a couple of times. The "ESC Service Required" warning came on at startup twice and later cleared on a subsequent startup. The dealer has asked me to monitor and only bring it in if it persists.

Has anyone with similar problems and had a successful resolution?

darrenb

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
xc90 2017
Got mine in June 2016 , many issues the same or similar to yours and on going Volvo call issues despite software update, various service warnings, app says it unlocked when it is locked,parking climate sort of works most of the time, heated seats sometimes both work sometimes only the passenger, generally lots of glitches... garage can't do anything as it has to be sorted by Volvo remotely which takes days at a time.... have now been offered a replacement in March. Lovely motor but mine just doesn't seem well put together.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 T8 Inscription
I've been having the issues darrenb describes as well, and just put in my third maintenance request on a vehicle with only 750 miles. Major disappointment for a $75K car.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 Hybrid
Subscribing to this thread...
This is all I've gotten out of my service manager so far:
The service manager is telling me that there is a software issue that is causing the high voltage system to have problems. He also said something about it not charging while the car is unlocked and it could be doing something weird. I don't know if it is all related or not, but thought I'd throw it out there.

They are going to put the software update into my xc90, but it won't be available until the 19th, which seems iffy. Should it really take that long?

darrenb

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
xc90 2017
Subscribing to this thread...
This is all I've gotten out of my service manager so far:
The service manager is telling me that there is a software issue that is causing the high voltage system to have problems. He also said something about it not charging while the car is unlocked and it could be doing something weird. I don't know if it is all related or not, but thought I'd throw it out there.

They are going to put the software update into my xc90, but it won't be available until the 19th, which seems iffy. Should it really take that long?
Think Volvo Sweden have to do it so its when they can, my update made the the car worse and only cured the phone system from forgetting favourite numbers, they also fitted a 'brake kit' which was supposed to reduce noise when braking it didn't make any difference but they admitted it was a known fault. The latest issue I have had is volume control/on and off button on dash doesn't work all the time and cars still sometimes says it is unlocked when it is locked and recently while like this the indicators flash every 6-10 mins ..... its possessed!

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 T8 Inscription
I was just hopping on here to post a question about my volume control. All the center panel buttons below the screen go dead-- the defrosters, the volume, play/pause, but the glove box release works. The Mode Selector toggle also doesn't work. The ol' "Have you tried turning it off and on again?" troubleshooting method usually resolves it, but it's sometimes persisted.

darrenb

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
xc90 2017
N1CK have you had the latest software update?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2016 XC90
We've had a number of Sensus crashes, generally when an iphone is plugged in. You can hear the Sensus hard disk click (like it's just been power cycled and it's reset it's head position) and then Sensus reboots. Other than that thankfully I've not experienced any other issues. Happy to check out version numbers if that would help anyone?

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 T8 Inscription
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 Hybrid
My last update was in December.
You should call and schedule an update with the dealer. There was an update that came out mid Jan that should help you. Crest Volvo has it.

Reactions
State
AR
Country
United States
I had a check engine light since picking up the car. Software update resolved the issue.

Shawn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk