Burtman198

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 Inscription
Waiting for my 2017 XC90 inscription to arrive at my dealer and wondering if my car will have the Digital Key via your Smartphone that I have been reading about. I know that I will be able to start my car via Smartphone but I can't find any other information about " Digital Key ".
Does anyone anything about this new feature ?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Waiting for my 2017 XC90 inscription to arrive at my dealer and wondering if my car will have the Digital Key via your Smartphone that I have been reading about. I know that I will be able to start my car via Smartphone but I can't find any other information about " Digital Key ".
Does anyone anything about this new feature ?
No. The VOC (Volvo One Call) App will enable you to unlock/ lock/ start engine/ stop engine/ sound horn (to locate)/ send destinations from phone to car sat nav...and a whole bunch of status updates. It's brilliant.

Not heard of Digital Key, you will get two standard keys, it's key less entry. Put your keys in your pocket and just touch the door handle. I've a 2016 Inscription. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emoremio

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 R-Design Polestar
Sorry to disappoint you, but digital key service are not included. I assume that you watched Volvo ad about how you can unlock your car and drive off without a key which can be used as a car sharing or in volvo concierge, but it is not available yet.

vcRdesign

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 xc90 bursting blue
We also got a sports key, aside from the two standard key fobs..

crewcabrob

Reactions
State
NE
Country
United States
What I Drive
XC90 Inscription
Hi all,

A sports key offering? I wasn't aware of anything like that. I only know about the standard key and the red key. A digital key would be nice too. I always have my phone.

I'm still at least a month from my delivery date. I ordered the first week of October with a projected delivery date of December 15-22. Now the estimate is for Jan 9th. ugh... stupid leather dash.

Rob

emoremio

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 R-Design Polestar
The sports key is much smaller, is waterproof and has no buttons. You can lock and unlock the car by grabbing the door handles or kicking under rear bumper. This one comes standard.
The red key is not standard, you have to order it. It is sort of vallet or teenager purpose.
I did not get it as I don't need it.