Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2006 Honda Civic
Hello Everybody,

I am new to this community, and I am in need of knowledge and wisdom from the members of this community.
I am currently deciding on purchasing a 2016 or 2017 XC90. I have gone through many websites that list the various technical problems with the new XC90. This concerns me a lot.
I imagine, the 2016 XC90 is only the 2nd generation model, and is expected to have some problems. This comes with any brand new design.
My question to some of the owners to the new XC90 is should I be concerned with all the list of problems with this car ?
Or has the 2017 XC90 model has been improved to eliminate some of the problems that I have come across ?
This is truly a luxury car, and when you shell out +$50K on a car, you expect it to work considerably good.

Your guidance is much appreciated.
Thanks,
Rishi

XCMike

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Welcome aboard Rishi

Honestly my 2016 XC90 has been quite reliable. I'm sure Volvo has address most of the previous issues by now.

RonXC

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
I also have a '16 with no problems.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2006 Honda Civic
Thank you for XC Mike and Ron XC. I appreciate your feedback.
I am contemplating between 2016 and 2017. I am trying to stratergize for a good negotiating battle on a T6 Momentum 2017 model.
It is currently listed at $57K. In your opinion, What kind of discount can I expect on the MSRP ?