JohnT

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
Has anyone experienced in their 2nd gen XC90 this warning?
I recently experienced this. After starting the car, selected Eco drive and turned off auto start/stop function, a reduced engine performance warning came up? Any thoughts,ideas or solution to this ?

dloftis

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 volvo xc90, 2006 VW Beetle cov
Yes, in Eco mode, you get reduced performance. Probably a legalise requirement to the driver. The system is just reminding you of this scenario in case you think you will / would get snap dragon performance in a panic situation.

JohnT

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
Thanks but this wasn't for sure the Eco mode drive. It was limping. The warning came up on the screen as reduced engine performance. It hasn't reoccurred but am concerned as to what may have caused it.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Sweden
Thanks but this wasn't for sure the Eco mode drive. It was limping. The warning came up on the screen as reduced engine performance. It hasn't reoccurred but am concerned as to what may have caused it.
The reduced engine performance is a fault effect. Some fault occurred with the car. It's not supposed to be like that. If you leave it to the dealer they can check what the onboard computer have detected and give a clue of what happened. If the fault haven't appeared again and the car function good. I would contact and ask for a service appointment in the near future. Just to get this sorted!

Don't forget to mention what happened and the message that appeared in the instrument cluster. This will help the fault technician find the problem.

From the manual on page 131:
I believe the message Reduced engine performance is showed together with a symbol the red triangle.

Link to manual: http://volvo.custhelp.com/app/manuals/OwnersManual/om_id/73