hankdfw

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
Just bought a 2016 XC90. In the car's light settings, I set the exterior lights to remain on for 90 seconds after exit, but the headlights switch off as soon as I turn the engine off. Is there a way to make them stay for any duration of time after engine shut off and car locking? To use, for instance, in a dark parking lot after exiting the car?

volvojoe

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
Home Safe Lighting

Just bought a 2016 XC90. In the car's light settings, I set the exterior lights to remain on for 90 seconds after exit, but the headlights switch off as soon as I turn the engine off. Is there a way to make them stay for any duration of time after engine shut off and car locking? To use, for instance, in a dark parking lot after exiting the car?
In the digital owner's manual, page 143, look for Home Safe lighting. There is a description of the function and how to set the length of time the lights stay on and how to activate the function. Good Luck.

dloftis

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 volvo xc90, 2006 VW Beetle cov
I found in the owner's manual where it states "Home Safe Lighting" works AFTER you turn the Start/Stop to Stop and the engine turns off, you push the turn signal stalk towards the dash to activate Home Safe Lighting. Mine works as described above. It is not an automatic feature as we would expect. Guess Volvo does not want lights left on without the owner's requesting it.
I have had many times others say, "you left your lights on" to other vehicles that automatically do this.