2017 Volvo XC90 Redefines Insane With Polestar

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States

What is there not to like about the Volvo XC90? The luxury SUV from Sweden offers a pleasurable driving experience wrapped inside a highly versatile package. Now, you can get the XC90 with more power thanks to a performance package developed by Polestar.

Volvo revealed that their performance arm, Polestar, is about to release a power package that will add in more speed into the XC90. The performance package will improve the vehicle?s mid-range performance, gear shifting speed, throttle response, gearshift timing and off-throttle functionality.

Of course, Volvo has yet to release the power figures for the XC90 with the Polestar Performance Package but we can expect to learn more about it in the near future. Last but not least, the Polestar Performance Package will be offered with the Volvo XC90 T6 trim only and it will be sold separately.

Reactions
State
DE
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90 R-Design

ta2repas

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
C30
I ALWAYS get the Polestar upgrade Makes a HUGE difference .

jhigh1215

Reactions
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90
I recently added the Polestar software upgrade to my 2017 T6 R-Design, and it does make a noticeable difference in the mid-range acceleration. There's no engine hesitation when you hit the gas pedal to pass someone and the gearshifts are much quicker. My work commute is mostly highway driving and the ride is somewhat smoother. 70-75 mph and the power-train isn't straining in the least bit. Plus, that uber-cool blue polestar badge on the rear liftgate makes you just the tiniest bit cooler than the other XC90's out on the road. [twothumb] [twothumb] [twothumb]

vtomeldan

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 XC90 T6 Momentum
I have a 2018 T6 Momentum and I am considering the Polestar Upgrade. Do you folks recommend? Will it be worth it? This is my wife's daily driver and honestly I'm thinking of getting it just to differentiate it from the other XC90s out there.

jhigh1215

Reactions
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90
Volvo is currently offering a $100 discount coupon so it might be a good time to install the Polestar upgrade. My Volvo dealership service advisor told me the XC90 R-Design's do have a slight suspension and handling tweak compared to the Momentum and Inscription trims. I'd always heard the R-Design is mainly an exterior cosmetic upgrade and not mechanical. Mine has the adaptive air suspension so lowering it in the Dynamic mode seems to give it a little extra boost with the Polestar.

csimon

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Volvo XC90 T8
I just purchased a 2017 T8, but can't find any information about this upgrade. Is it still available?

satrya

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 xc90 t6 momentum, Denim Blue
I just purchased a 2017 T8, but can't find any information about this upgrade. Is it still available?
The links from Volvo to Polestar websites are a bit obscure.
If you go to the accessories shopping section of Volvo, there is a link to polestar:
https://www.volvocars.com/us/shopping-tools/shop/accessories

But then once you're in polestar, you need to go to the engineered section:
https://www.polestar.com/engineered/

Eventually, you can get to the following:
https://engineered.polestar.com/us/

For example, for 2018 xc90 with T6, you get the following spec and code information for the dealer:
https://engineered.polestar.com/us/product/optimisation/xc90-t6-drive-e-awd-automatic-2018-3-2
Article number: 31459915
Polestar ID: 2128

I think you discuss with a Volvo dealer with those numbers after that.

jhigh1215

Reactions
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90
Try going to your local Volvo dealers website. Go to the Service Dept tab and find current Service Specials. They may still have the $100 coupon still listed.

csimon

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Volvo XC90 T8
Thanks all. Unfortunately there Is nothing in the US for the T8.