Polestar performance upgrade

Reactions
State
DE
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90 R-Design
Folks, just found out that there is a Polestar software update available for the XC90 which improves performance, details at:

https://www.polestar.com/us/product/xc90-t6-drive-e-awd-automatic-2016-2/

Dealer list price is $1290 (plus tax if applicable), before any discount that you can negotiate with your dealer. Note that any Volvo dealer has access to the update, not just "Polestar approved" dealers.

XCMike

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Have you added this to your car?

Reactions
State
DE
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90 R-Design

XCMike

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Not yet (car is en route to Baltimore) but probably will do.
Ok please let me know if you get it installed. Been contemplating this too lol.

Reactions
State
DE
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90 R-Design
Ok please let me know if you get it installed. Been contemplating this too lol.
Finally picked up car from dealer today, with Polestar installed. Haven't had a chance to really test it yet but the gear changes do seem crisper than I remember from when we driving it around in Europe. Will test some more on quieter back roads...

Irish Joe

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Lexus 400h
Finally picked up car from dealer today, with Polestar installed. Haven't had a chance to really test it yet but the gear changes do seem crisper than I remember from when we driving it around in Europe. Will test some more on quieter back roads...
Appreciate you reporting on your Polestar experience with us. Would you please let us know if it seems to improve the rough idling of the T6? Thanks.

Reactions
State
DE
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90 R-Design
Appreciate you reporting on your Polestar experience with us. Would you please let us know if it seems to improve the rough idling of the T6? Thanks.
I am not experiencing rough idling and don't remember experiencing it before the upgrade.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2016 XC90 T6
I had Polestar installed on my 2016 XC90 T6 last week, I have noticed gear switching speed is faster even in Comfort mode. Also notice slightly more power increase, and faster acceleration.

vcRdesign

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 xc90 bursting blue
can anyone post pictures of their polestar optimized xc90... I mean the new badge for the polestar that they send you after verification of the upgrade. thanks!

Reactions
State
DE
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90 R-Design
can anyone post pictures of their polestar optimized xc90... I mean the new badge for the polestar that they send you after verification of the upgrade. thanks!

This is it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vcRdesign

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 xc90 bursting blue
thanks for the picture! no badge in the front? what drive mode do you usually use and how is the fuel economy?

Reactions
State
DE
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90 R-Design
thanks for the picture! no badge in the front? what drive mode do you usually use and how is the fuel economy?
No badge for the front although I did get two rear badges (I got a Polestar welcome pack from my dealer and from Polestar) so I am trying to figure out if I can attach it to the grille. If I do I'll post a pic. I did email the Polestar folks about a front badge and in theory they are only for the Polestar performance models. There are Polestar badges available on eBay but I haven't gone that far yet.

To be honest around town I use Eco mode most of the time and average about 16-18 mpg. When I do switch to individual mode it is lots of fun, but I don't check the fuel economy!

dealcatcher

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
How long does the polestar badge from polestar take to come after registering? The one the dealer installed is not level with the other badges. Ugh.

Reactions
State
DE
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90 R-Design
How long does the polestar badge from polestar take to come after registering? The one the dealer installed is not level with the other badges. Ugh.
Mine took about 6 weeks IIRC, but that did include 1 week when the Polestar folks were shut down for some reason. The kit comes with a little positioning jig that works very well.

isaacali

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90 T8
Recently had a response from Polestar on the upcoming upgrade for the XC90 T8 for the USA market.
Looks like it has been pushed out to first quarter of 2017 :-(
Based on your feedback, it will be worth the wait...

crewcabrob

Reactions
State
NE
Country
United States
What I Drive
XC90 Inscription
Hi all,

Kind of an older thread, but I just had the Polestar upgrade done.

I only have about 60 miles on it since the upgrade, but here is what I can tell you about it so far:

Drivability is so much nicer. The engine pulls harder at part throttle. I feel like it drives with more urgency and yet I would say it is smoother. Getting up to speed is much easier, especially at 1/3 to 1/2 throttle.

My normal commute seems exactly the same as far as gas mileage.

Full throttle blasts don't seem that much faster. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but a 10% bump in both HP and torque does feel different, but not all that much.

So, would I do it again? Yeah, likely. The low to middle power delivery is so much smoother and the revs come on quicker. The shifts don't seem to have changed the dynamics of the vehicle much if at all. To be honest, I set up an "individual" setting that I use most of the time. It was based on the eco setting. So, I'm not hot-rodding on a daily basis.

I decided to get it for two reasons: I'm about to go on vacation through the mountains of Colorado to Moab Utah. The other reason is that I just wanted to re-engage with the XC90. After 18 months with the vehicle, I just wanted to spice it up a bit. I have been driving my wifes, Land Rover Discovery HSE Lux. Its a nice ride for sure.

By the way, that little blue badge on the back sure looks good!

Take care,

Rob

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
So there is Polestar for the T8 in the USA? Keep reading these thread and am confused.

Reactions
City
APO
State
Non-US
Country
United States