Welcome to Volvo XC90 Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Likes

Smile Polestar performance upgrade

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Folks, just found out that there is a Polestar software update available for the XC90 which improves performance, details at:

https://www.polestar.com/us/product/...omatic-2016-2/

Dealer list price is $1290 (plus tax if applicable), before any discount that you can negotiate with your dealer. Note that any Volvo dealer has access to the update, not just "Polestar approved" dealers.
    2016 XC90 R-Design, Passion Red, Polestar+. 22" rims, carbon fiber trim, B&W audio + CD, air suspension, convenience, climate + HUD, vision. OSD 4/4/16, picked up from dealer 6/9/16.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Likes

Have you added this to your car?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Likes

Quote Originally Posted by XCMike View Post
    Have you added this to your car?
    Not yet (car is en route to Baltimore) but probably will do.
    2016 XC90 R-Design, Passion Red, Polestar+. 22" rims, carbon fiber trim, B&W audio + CD, air suspension, convenience, climate + HUD, vision. OSD 4/4/16, picked up from dealer 6/9/16.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Ukexpat View Post
    Not yet (car is en route to Baltimore) but probably will do.
    Ok please let me know if you get it installed. Been contemplating this too lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Likes

Quote Originally Posted by XCMike View Post
    Ok please let me know if you get it installed. Been contemplating this too lol.
    Finally picked up car from dealer today, with Polestar installed. Haven't had a chance to really test it yet but the gear changes do seem crisper than I remember from when we driving it around in Europe. Will test some more on quieter back roads...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Ukexpat View Post
    Finally picked up car from dealer today, with Polestar installed. Haven't had a chance to really test it yet but the gear changes do seem crisper than I remember from when we driving it around in Europe. Will test some more on quieter back roads...
    Appreciate you reporting on your Polestar experience with us. Would you please let us know if it seems to improve the rough idling of the T6? Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Joe View Post
    Appreciate you reporting on your Polestar experience with us. Would you please let us know if it seems to improve the rough idling of the T6? Thanks.
    I am not experiencing rough idling and don't remember experiencing it before the upgrade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Likes

I had Polestar installed on my 2016 XC90 T6 last week, I have noticed gear switching speed is faster even in Comfort mode. Also notice slightly more power increase, and faster acceleration.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Likes

can anyone post pictures of their polestar optimized xc90... I mean the new badge for the polestar that they send you after verification of the upgrade. thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Likes

Quote Originally Posted by vcRdesign View Post
    can anyone post pictures of their polestar optimized xc90... I mean the new badge for the polestar that they send you after verification of the upgrade. thanks!

This is it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk