Welcome to Volvo XC90 Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    thanks for the picture! no badge in the front? what drive mode do you usually use and how is the fuel economy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Likes

Polestar performance upgrade

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Likes

Quote Originally Posted by vcRdesign View Post
    thanks for the picture! no badge in the front? what drive mode do you usually use and how is the fuel economy?
    No badge for the front although I did get two rear badges (I got a Polestar welcome pack from my dealer and from Polestar) so I am trying to figure out if I can attach it to the grille. If I do I'll post a pic. I did email the Polestar folks about a front badge and in theory they are only for the Polestar performance models. There are Polestar badges available on eBay but I haven't gone that far yet.

To be honest around town I use Eco mode most of the time and average about 16-18 mpg. When I do switch to individual mode it is lots of fun, but I don't check the fuel economy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2016 XC90 R-Design, Passion Red, Polestar+. 22" rims, carbon fiber trim, B&W audio + CD, air suspension, convenience, climate + HUD, vision. OSD 4/4/16, picked up from dealer 6/9/16.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Likes

How long does the polestar badge from polestar take to come after registering? The one the dealer installed is not level with the other badges. Ugh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Likes

Quote Originally Posted by dealcatcher View Post
    How long does the polestar badge from polestar take to come after registering? The one the dealer installed is not level with the other badges. Ugh.
    Mine took about 6 weeks IIRC, but that did include 1 week when the Polestar folks were shut down for some reason. The kit comes with a little positioning jig that works very well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2016 XC90 R-Design, Passion Red, Polestar+. 22" rims, carbon fiber trim, B&W audio + CD, air suspension, convenience, climate + HUD, vision. OSD 4/4/16, picked up from dealer 6/9/16.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Likes

Recently had a response from Polestar on the upcoming upgrade for the XC90 T8 for the USA market.
    Looks like it has been pushed out to first quarter of 2017 :-(
    Based on your feedback, it will be worth the wait...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Likes

Hi all,

Kind of an older thread, but I just had the Polestar upgrade done.

I only have about 60 miles on it since the upgrade, but here is what I can tell you about it so far:

Drivability is so much nicer. The engine pulls harder at part throttle. I feel like it drives with more urgency and yet I would say it is smoother. Getting up to speed is much easier, especially at 1/3 to 1/2 throttle.

My normal commute seems exactly the same as far as gas mileage.

Full throttle blasts don't seem that much faster. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but a 10% bump in both HP and torque does feel different, but not all that much.

So, would I do it again? Yeah, likely. The low to middle power delivery is so much smoother and the revs come on quicker. The shifts don't seem to have changed the dynamics of the vehicle much if at all. To be honest, I set up an "individual" setting that I use most of the time. It was based on the eco setting. So, I'm not hot-rodding on a daily basis.

I decided to get it for two reasons: I'm about to go on vacation through the mountains of Colorado to Moab Utah. The other reason is that I just wanted to re-engage with the XC90. After 18 months with the vehicle, I just wanted to spice it up a bit. I have been driving my wifes, Land Rover Discovery HSE Lux. Its a nice ride for sure.

By the way, that little blue badge on the back sure looks good!

Take care,

Rob

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Likes

So there is Polestar for the T8 in the USA? Keep reading these thread and am confused.