Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
xc90 2016
HI All,
OK anyone know about left and right hand side bias on the headlights? New to volvo so may be an assumed thing.

I live in the UK (where we drive on the left) and travel to eurpoe (where they drive on the right) - I saw this was a US forum so thought i should state the bleeding obvious. This means that our lights can dazzel on coming traffic when abroad. the traditional solution is masks stuck to your lights.

However i see that older v40's with ABL Xenon lights did not require this as the lenses where designed for both left and right HD.

Any idea on the new XC90?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Sweden
HI All,
OK anyone know about left and right hand side bias on the headlights? New to volvo so may be an assumed thing.

I live in the UK (where we drive on the left) and travel to eurpoe (where they drive on the right) - I saw this was a US forum so thought i should state the bleeding obvious. This means that our lights can dazzel on coming traffic when abroad. the traditional solution is masks stuck to your lights.

However i see that older v40's with ABL Xenon lights did not require this as the lenses where designed for both left and right HD.

Any idea on the new XC90?
Yes they are designed for both side of traffic. There is a setting in the centre console that will allow you to change the light when you drive in a country on the wrong side of the road.