US Tow Hitch Options

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Why wouldn't you get the Invisihitch so you could at least tow someday if you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty cool hidden hitch system by Volvo on the new V90...

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/je_TMRLd4oI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Movan

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 XC 90 Inscription
Ordering Factory Tow Hitch

I got this on my XC90 since november last year. This is the European system.
I'm ordering a 2018 XC90 Inscription. How much did your tow hitch cost? Was it installed at the factory, or in the US port of entry? Do you have a picture? Is it the same hitch as in the video of the V90?

Thanks!

crewcabrob

Reactions
State
NE
Country
United States
What I Drive
XC90 Inscription
I ordered a 17 Inscription in the US. It came from the factory installed; not at the dealer and not at the port. It was something like $970 USD.

I can get you some pictures if you like.

Rob

Movan

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 XC 90 Inscription
Rob, Is it the same as pictured here? http://accessories.volvocars.com/en...ies/Document/VCC-499237/2018/T6 AWD/Automatic if you could send pix that would be great, as the one picture on the site doesn't give me much perspective on how it looks from the back of the vehicle and also with the hitch cover on. My dealer said that the hitch is installed at the NJ Port and is about the same price as yours. Thanks.

crewcabrob

Reactions
State
NE
Country
United States
What I Drive
XC90 Inscription
Here are some quick pictures this morning. I will get the cover back on tonight and load a picture. I had the hitch in so I could get my kids moved back to college this weekend.
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

Movan

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 XC 90 Inscription
Thanks very much Rob--great pix!

crewcabrob

Reactions
State
NE
Country
United States
What I Drive
XC90 Inscription
here are the other shots I promissed
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

crewcabrob

Reactions
State
NE
Country
United States
What I Drive
XC90 Inscription
[/URL][/IMG]

Movan

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 XC 90 Inscription
Rob, thanks again for all the great pictures. Nice dog too! Mil

ValVik

Reactions
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 XC90
Thanks for posting pics. I picked up my 2018 XC90 at the dealer the other day, and I couldn't believe how bad the bumper looked. I never would have bought a Volvo if I knew this was how poorly their trailer hitch integrated into the vehicle.

crewcabrob

Reactions
State
NE
Country
United States
What I Drive
XC90 Inscription
Thanks for posting pics. I picked up my 2018 XC90 at the dealer the other day, and I couldn't believe how bad the bumper looked. I never would have bought a Volvo if I knew this was how poorly their trailer hitch integrated into the vehicle.
Hi,

I'm not sure I understand. Does that mean yours looks different than my pictures or that you don't care for how the factory bumper/hitch looks? I won't say it is the most elegant looking solution, but its not terrible. I for sure wouldn't make it a deal breaker by any means.

When you have a chance, give us more info. There has to be a reason you purchased the XC90, I'm sure the hitch wasn't it. In fact, I would say if you purchased the Volvo to tow a lot (either frequency or weight), you might have had better options. I tow a small trailer every once in a while. It's light and it does fine. I mainly got the hitch option because I have a hitch mounted rack for bikes and cargo.

Best of luck and I hope that you can over look the cover on the hitch enough to enjoy the rest of the vehicle.

Rob

wow328

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Hi,

I have a Yakima ridgeback bike rack and I tried to install that on my 18' XC90 with factory installed hitch. For some reason, I noticed the hitch pin hole is located on the left side (driver side) and I have hard time to put the hitch pin through as there is much less space compared with right hand side of the cutout areas. Any people have similar experience?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Volvo XC 90 T8
Draw-Tite Hitch

I went with the draw-tite hitch as it appeared to be higher off the ground and did not show up like the Curt. Also did not require drilling. In addition I did not have to remove the entire bumper but only the lower facia. It took a bit of work to get it back together so that everything looked good. Great price. I also added the wire harness for the four plug.

Attachments

tuler

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 XC90 Inscription
Stealth Hitch

I just installed Stealth Hitch in my 2018 XC90. It looks awesome.
It's the combo packaged, as described here.

Here are some pictures.

Attachments

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Sweden
What I Drive
Volvo C50
Also have a stealth hitch , I like the look quite a lot more and it's just more pleasing to the eye haha

Fab_vr6

Reactions
State
WA
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 XC90
Also have a stealth hitch , I like the look quite a lot more and it's just more pleasing to the eye haha
On their website, I have to choose the height of the ball, ball size, harness...etc

I am new to towing, what do I choose there?

I plan to tow a open futura trailer for my track car, do I have to go to the dealer to install some kind of software? what does that do?

I've also heard about the recommendation of using factory harness, what does the harness do ?

https://www.futuratrailers.com/