Reliability and maintenance

Sohrab

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
Hello,
We are thinking of buying the 2016 Volvo XC90 and we are not sure about the reliably and maintenance and insurance cost of this car. I know there is no sufficient data but with any data that you have we would appreciate your advice. We saved for a long time for a nice SUV, and we love this car but we are not sure if this is a wise decision. My wife says Lexus Rx and Acura MDX are smarter choices but I love this car. Any help from the expert and current owners would be appreciate it.
Thank you.

RL2016Rdesign

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90 R-Design
Sohrab, Before we ordered our XC90 in March of 2015 I researched all other car manufactures. With the Lexus first off it is only a 5 seater, 308 HP and can only tow 3500lbs. I am not a big fan of the spindle grille and the new design is pretty hideous looking. Acura MDX was decent but there is a lot of issues with this car regarding the automatic shutting down of 3 cylinders when the car feels it does not need 6 for fuel efficiently. BWM and Mercedes were price too high for what you get. Land Rover Discovery had negative reviews online. I really looked for safety and technology which hands down is the XC90, my only inclination was the 4 cylinder in the XC90. I test drove a Momentum and a Inscription twice to make sure it would work for us. Our XC90 is mostly driven by my wife who is not concerned with horsepower, and this is the one she wanted out all the 7 seater SUV's currently on the market. When I do drive it I always use the Dynamic option which really gives this car a boost in power throughout the power band. I hope this helps you in making a decision on your new SUV, it is a big investment so it is good you are asking for information!

vcRdesign

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 xc90 bursting blue
Hi, just an FYI, the brochures for the xc90 says complementary 5 years maintenance, I brought this up when we were signing because the window sticker only said three years complementary. so the manager said that they have to honor the five years. that's 20,000 miles more! I hope you all got 5 years as well!

RL2016Rdesign

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90 R-Design
Is this a U.S. brochure? If so I need to get a hold of one! I just checked the "online version" and it list 3 year 36k for maintenance and new car warranty at 4 years 50k.

vcRdesign

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 xc90 bursting blue
yes its from a US brochure. I believe its at the last page. online and the sticker on the car both said 3 years so I thought they would not honor it, but I still asked. I ddnt see any fine print on the brochure that said items/info on it can change. the manager actually said that if Volvo would not honor it he would pay those two extra maintenance schedules, but he's confident that Volvo will. I will take a picture of the brochure when I get home.

vcRdesign

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 xc90 bursting blue
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

RL2016Rdesign

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90 R-Design
Any chance you can get a hold of another, I am willing to pay something for it? Let me know.........

vcRdesign

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 xc90 bursting blue
I can scan it and email it to you if you want. you can PM me your email add if that works. I will be going to my dealer later and will also try to see if they have some more of the brochure. will let you know.