emoremio

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 R-Design Polestar
I can't seem to start my car anymore using the remote option in the app.
The app was upgraded a few days ago for iOS, before it was hit or miss, but now does not work at all.
I tried different locations and multiple times for past few days, to rule out connection/signal issues.
Please share if it works for you, did you update the app recently, and which platform are you using (iOS, android, etc).

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
The app was upgraded a few days ago for iOS, before it was hit or miss, but now does not work at all.
I tried different locations and multiple times for past few days, to rule out connection/signal issues.
Please share if it works for you, did you update the app recently, and which platform are you using (iOS, android, etc).
Mine suddenly stopped working, it turned out that it was as my fuel light was on. As a feature of you are 'low' on fuel, which Volvo figure is 20% capacity or something! The light is on and the auto start will not function.

May not be your issue but check it out. If not, disconnect your phone and reconnect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XCMike

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
I'm curious which phone do you have? Mine works fine.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
I'm curious which phone do you have? Mine works fine.
iPhone 6. I find the VOC App a little buggie. There are data sync delays- fuel remaining, temperature etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emoremio

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
I have iPhone 7 Plus and all iOS updates possible. And car is not low on fuel.
Today I tried 7 times one by one with no luck. I think I'm going to go to the dealer so it can be checked.

emoremio

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive

emoremio

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
So the problem still did not go away. I went to the dealer without appointment, it was after 5pm and all technicians were gone for the day, the service advisors tried to help but they could not.
They said it could be a software issue in the car, not in the app, as all other commands work except the engine start.
I made an appointment after Christmas to bring the car for entire day, so I will update you next week.

Burtman198

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 Inscription
I picked up my 2017 xc90 Inscription on Friday tried the remote start using my Apple 5S phone and worked fine. This morning while carpooling home I tried starting the vehicle approximately six miles away and it was started when I got their !

emoremio

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
I just checked Volvo On Call app reviews in the Apple App store, wow!, at least I know I am not the only one with problems.

crewcabrob

Reactions
State
NE
Country
United States
What I Drive
XC90 Inscription
Anyone with a Win 10 mobile phone? My delivery date is still about 20 days out and I want to see if windows mobile is having a similar issue.

Rob

emoremio

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Update 1/28/17: The car and Volvo on Call app including remote start finally works perfect after the latest software update that I got installed on 1/25/17 at my dealer.

I am VERY happy now !!!

crewcabrob

Reactions
State
NE
Country
United States
What I Drive
XC90 Inscription
Does this update have to be installed at the dealer? I would like to have my remote start work more predictably.

Rob

emoremio

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Yes, dealer only, this one is not over the air.

Does this update have to be installed at the dealer? I would like to have my remote start work more predictably.

Rob

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90
Moments ago tried to remote start with the app from inside my house(I phone 7+)..just to see if it would work as we have had problems previously. Volvo on Call app said not running. Went out to garage and car was running! It is not reliable. And as we recently experienced a dead battery after 12 days away and being told "battery drained because we did not lock the car with the remote" we thought maybe we should use the app periodically while away to insure the car was started and we wouldn't come home to a dead battery!