RL2016Rdesign

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90 R-Design
Own a 2016 R Design with the 22" wheels & tires, discovered a bubble on the sidewall of one of my tires. I have 25k on the tires so it's not worth buying just one tire. In this size Pirelli is the only quality brand out there and the best price I could find was $1300 on Tirerack.com. Has anyone upgraded to a 285/35/22" tire, they have a lot more choices and somewhat cheaper. The 285 is recommended with a minimum of a 9.5" wheel where my wheels are only 9" wide. Any input would be appreciated!

I know someone in So-Cal has swapped out for this tire but he didn't say if he purchased wider aftermarket wheels?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Volvo XC 90 T8
22 inch tires.

Price After Mail-In Rebate: $1,199.44 This is the current price from Tire Rack for your oem tire. By the way if there is still some tread on the tire with a bulge on the side, you may be able to get a replacement tire as that sounds like a manufacturing defect. That would lower your costs. They also show a couple of more expensive performance summer tires. As for the tire size requiring 9.5 versus your 9 inch wide rims. I would go to a really good tire place that specializes in performance wheels and tires. They should be able to advise you.
Manny

RL2016Rdesign

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90 R-Design
Price After Mail-In Rebate: $1,199.44 This is the current price from Tire Rack for your oem tire. By the way if there is still some tread on the tire with a bulge on the side, you may be able to get a replacement tire as that sounds like a manufacturing defect. That would lower your costs. They also show a couple of more expensive performance summer tires. As for the tire size requiring 9.5 versus your 9 inch wide rims. I would go to a really good tire place that specializes in performance wheels and tires. They should be able to advise you.
Manny
Manny, I went ahead and ordered a new set of OEM 22" tires and wheels from Volvo. I ended up with the newer 6 spoke design which I like better. I had the old tires recycled and will be selling the 5 spoke 22" wheels.

apeg999

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
Manny, I went ahead and ordered a new set of OEM 22" tires and wheels from Volvo. I ended up with the newer 6 spoke design which I like better. I had the old tires recycled and will be selling the 5 spoke 22" wheels.
I'm having trouble finding a firm answer on this... are the 6 spoke the newer design or the inscription design? when i go onto Volvo's website and build out a brand new xc90 R-Design the 5 spoke are the only upgrade option? heck, even when i build an inscription i don't get the 6 spoke option... any idea what car they are intended for? or is it a region thing?

Thanks,

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Volvo XC 90 T8
I checked the 2017 brochure and for the Momentum, there is a 6 double spoke 22-inch wheel upgrade. For the R Design, there is a 5 double spoke 22-inch upgrade. For the Inscription, there is a 6 double spoke 22-inch upgrade. In the 2018 brochure, there is only listed a 5 double spoke 22-inch wheel for the R Design.

apeg999

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
Thanks for digging into that drmanny, im was going back and forth trying to figure out when they were introduced.

the black 6 spoke look very slick on the xc90.

Thanks,

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F For Sale 4