How many people purchased the extended warranty?

How many people purchased the extended warranty?

• Yes

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • May purchase before warranty expires

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters

XCMike

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Did you guys get the extended warranty on your XC90?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
First model year. We will be purchasing the extended warranty as we've already noticed a few things. Rear deck sensor (open hatch with foot) had to be replaced. Temperature sensor temperamental causing heater/AC issue (may have been fixed with software update). 2 months in and windshield wiper fluid low warning shows up without any windshield wiper fluid usage. Tried to see if fluid was low, couldn't open hood as driver's side latch didn't unlatch. Plastic piece on cargo shade broke. Too many little things going wrong in first 3 months. This is common with brand new models. I think the extended warranty is a wise investment unless you are skilled in tracking down issues in a complex car with no history. I maintain everything on my older cars/trucks, but this car is too complex to think I can go it alone.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Volvo XC90 T8 Incription Hybri
You pay $80K for this kind of vehicle and they are responsible for warranty items in the first 3-4 years. Extended warranties never make financial sense.

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 VolvoXC
I purchased the extended warranty. I did 7-1/2 years, 125,000 miles.

yxc145

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 GLE 43 Coupe
I never get the extended warranty.

1. Manufacturer covers the first 4 or 5 years with 50K miles.
2. You don't know how long you plan to keep the car.
3. You can always get extended warranty when your current is about the expire. Manufacturers always offer that. May be a little more, but I rather pay a little more later than pay them up front for a service I don't know if I will ever use.

Wheel & Tire package may be worth it, but I still don't get it. The amount they charge is enough to cover 2 damage/replacements. So I take my chances hoping I won't get more than 2 wheel damage.

LonestarXC90

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
We didn't get the warranty either.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2006 Honda Civic
I didn't get any extended warranty either. At the time of the deal, the dealer was charging $3500 for 7 yrs / 100 K miles. The price looked very steep. The only reason I would like to have an extended warranty is because I plan to drive about 18K miles per year, and the company warranty may end in 2.5 yrs. Does anybody know if we can purchase extended warranty from Volvo directly ?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
I bought the Volvo warranty so I thought for $2650 5yr 100k miles

guruslt

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
The first model year, I think will have lots of problems.
For a vehicle of $50-70K, I think it's worth $2-3K to get extra 5 years of warranty. In case anything breaks, it easily costs more than $2-3k.