Auto Start Feature - Is there a way around this?

volvojoe

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
I do not like the engine stopping at each stop so I go to the left screen and turn off Auto feature every time I start the engine - except for those times I forget to do it. [wiggle] Does anyone know if there is a way to defeat the function such that one does not have to go back each time the engine is started and turn off the Auto feature. In other words, once turned off manually, the feature stays off until manually turned on again. In a Mercedes, you could toggle that feature off, it stayed off until turned back on again.

XCMike

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
There's no way to permanently disable the auto-start which have had a lot of complaints on the forum. We also own a C-class so I know where you mean in the Mercedes.

The only solution at least while you are driving is put it in Dynamic/Individual mode every time you start the car.

volvojoe

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
There's no way to permanently disable the auto-start which have had a lot of complaints on the forum. We also own a C-class so I know where you mean in the Mercedes.

The only solution at least while you are driving is put it in Dynamic/Individual mode every time you start the car.
Thanks for the suggestion - never would have thought of that.

dloftis

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 volvo xc90, 2006 VW Beetle cov
On my screen settings, there is a check/uncheck for AutoStart/Stop. I personally like it and being a former 2006 Toyota Prius owner, I appreciate any gas savings I can get in this ride. It is more unobtrusive than any Auto/Start/Stop system I have experienced so far.

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Volvo XC90 T5
Individual Mode is my suggestion. Dynamic can be a little jittery around the city; but then again so can Auto S/S