XC90 Starting Problems...on Standby Mode..need to wake it so I can drive it!!! HELP!!!

Crucian

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
HELP!!! We were on vacation for more than a week and our XC90's gone on Standby Mode and I CANNOT figure how to start it back up! It's Sunday and dealership is closed, and so is OnCall, and every other thing we bought for service from Volvo.

HELP!!!! How can I start my car again???

Mavi57

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Belgium
What I Drive
2017 XC90
I thought on call is 24/7

LonestarXC90

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Were you able to get this resolved?

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90
We had the same issue after being gone 12 days. Apparently, (what the service manager told us) we have to lock the gar while it is in our own garage with the remote! We are not in the habit of locking our cars while they are parked in our garage. We had to use the actual key to unlock the door, pop the hood and jump start the car! I will pursue this as this is a problem. If you don't lock the car with the remote it doesn't "go to sleep"! ridiculous! Anyone else been told to lock the car with the remote? I thought the idea was to be able to have the remote on your person and just be able to touch the door handle?!

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
XC90 T6 Inscription
Just had this very issue. Car was locked with key by parking valet at IAH airport, when I returned battery was dead. Did call "On call" but after over 2 hours wait (yes >2 hours) gave up and got it jumped by parking assistance crew. Apparently this is a known problem (never disclosed to me) - nor what you expect for close to $80k...

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90
Battery Drain

Just had this very issue. Car was locked with key by parking valet at IAH airport, when I returned battery was dead. Did call "On call" but after over 2 hours wait (yes >2 hours) gave up and got it jumped by parking assistance crew. Apparently this is a known problem (never disclosed to me) - nor what you expect for close to $80k...
Mike, we have a service appt next week to address the issue. All I can add at this point is after we jumped the car and consulted service department who gave advice to lock car with remote, we have not experienced this again! However, we are away with car locked in the garage. Will be 7 days this time and are wondering if we will have the problem. We have not seen any low battery notifications as others report. But am suspecting more is known than we have been made aware. Very frustrating, as you stated, for the cost of car.

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90
Update! Gone for a week. Car locked with key remote (not app or door handle) and had to jump car in our garage! Fortunately Volvo service at dealer was still open and I have a service appt Monday and was told they just got the software update and now will be able to "fix" the problem. Should have waited 2 months to purchase the car and perhaps would not have had this headache!

Reactions
State
NE
Country
United States
What I Drive
XC90 2016
I have the 2016 model and I can say that I have had just a ton of issues that needed software updates but were serious safety concerns like the automatic braking system warning lights and sounds going off when no crash imminent, car wouldn't start for some parking brake malfunction error, gas tank wouldn't open one day, etc. Has anyone else experienced other issues than the ones you mention above?