2016 XC90 - Dashboard "Ready"

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
On the right dial on my dashboard the word "ready" appears. Can someone please explain what that means and how to use it?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2012 Discovery
is yours the hybrid engine? If so I'm sure I've read that it's basically saying that the engine is "ready" to go in electric mode and not in park or on first ignition of something. Don't physically have a car yet but have seen a manual online and it's mentioned in there.

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
Ready -

is yours the hybrid engine? If so I'm sure I've read that it's basically saying that the engine is "ready" to go in electric mode and not in park or on first ignition of something. Don't physically have a car yet but have seen a manual online and it's mentioned in there.
My vehicle is not a hybrid, but thanks!!

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
READY and Miscellaneous Comments

OK- I finally found it on page 366 in the comprehensive manual: The XC90 has a feature that you can set, which will shut the engine at a red light or in stopped traffic, and when you step on the gas, the engine restarts. I assume it is to conserve fuel, but no idea what it does to heat or AC. Anyway, when the READY light is not grayed out, it means you can activate the feature through the settings panel. I turned the feature off, as it seemed to be more annoying than helpful in normal day to day driving, at least to me.

There are a bunch of other things to grasp also, in that sometimes when you have the car in Park and open the door, the engine shuts off. Other times it does not. I really dislike the color of the text at the top of the navi and in the center of the dash, it is a dark blue against a black background and it should be white or yellow, or at least an option to change the color. Don't like that if you are on the cell, you do not hear navi directions, you get a tone to do "something". My 2015 Grand Cherokee gave voice directions even when you were in a call. I am reserving other observations to share as well.

All in all, I really like the car and I am a techie kind of person. I have some other concerns (dislikes) as well, but let's see who posts what here. I have also installed the Appl Car feature.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2012 Discovery
Ahhhh that makes more sense! With the start stop if it's like many other cars on this side of the pond, it monitors the battery usage from things such as a/c, heated screens/seats and decides if it can cut the engine, eventually in like city driving and a lot of stop and not much go it will stop cutting the engine until the battery has charged itself back up. I have never had a car with it but I think once used to it it will be ok.
I'm intrigued to know some of the other things your not so pleased with! Are they software issues or physical issues?

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
I did a very long reply, hit the reply button and it went into outer space. I will respond again later. Time for a beer!!

RL2016Rdesign

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90 R-Design
I agree, I don't care for the engine stop / start feature. Turned it off myself. Still trying to figure out how to program the remotes to driver settings..........

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
Programming

I agree, I don't care for the engine stop / start feature. Turned it off myself. Still trying to figure out how to program the remotes to driver settings..........
I am kind of a technical nut and have spent hours trying to figure out the many options and choices the vehicle offers, settings, etc. Feel free to ask me anything and I will do my best to see if I have found an answer. I also bought the full 390 page manual and have a searchable downloaded version on my computer.

RL2016Rdesign

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90 R-Design
I have searched the online manual but no luck with how to program each remote to work with seat, mirrors, and HUD.........

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
Mirrors

I have searched the online manual but no luck with how to program each remote to work with seat, mirrors, and HUD.........
The mirrors and HUD retain their preset status when you save a memory seat position. Set everything up then press M on the door and then a number. That should do it. When enteting the car, oress your seat position number and all should be in place.

Also, by pressing BOTH buttons on the sides of tge mirror control, it will fold the mirrors for you.

Hope this helps. I still have questions also!

RL2016Rdesign

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90 R-Design
The mirrors and HUD retain their preset status when you save a memory seat position. Set everything up then press M on the door and then a number. That should do it. When enteting the car, oress your seat position number and all should be in place.

Also, by pressing BOTH buttons on the sides of tge mirror control, it will fold the mirrors for you.

Hope this helps. I still have questions also!

I have done the memory on the door, what I am looking for is how to program the "remotes" to work with your personal settings. In the Quick guide section 1 5th page in it says you can link the settings to the vehicles remote keys. This is what I want to do since my wife's setting is different then mine.

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
Linking the remote - How to do it per the manual

I have done the memory on the door, what I am looking for is how to program the "remotes" to work with your personal settings. In the Quick guide section 1 5th page in it says you can link the settings to the vehicles remote keys. This is what I want to do since my wife's setting is different then mine.
Linking a remote key to a driver
A remote key can be linked to a driver profile,
which means that all of the settings stored in the
driver profile will apply each time that particular
remote key is used with the vehicle.
A remote key is not initially linked to a specific
driver profile. When the key is used to unlock the
vehicle/start the engine for the first time, the
Guest profile will be used.
A driver profile can be selected manually each
time the vehicle is unlocked/started without a
remote key being linked to that profile. If the key
has previously been linked to a driver profile, it is
not necessary to manually select a profile when
that particular key is used.
Linking a remote key to a driver profile for
the first time
1. Pull down the center display's Top view and
tap
Settings.
Tap
System Driver Profile.
3. Tap the profile to be linked to the remote
key. The
Guest profile cannot be linked to a
remote key.
Tap
Edit Profile.
Select
Connect key to link the selected profile
to the key currently being used. A profile
can
only be linked to the remote key that is
currently
being used. If there are several keys
in
the vehicle at the same time, More
than
one
key is found, put the key you want
to
connect on backup reader

will be displayed.
Location of the backup reader in the tunnel console
>
When
Profile connected to key is displayed,
the remote key and the selected
driver
profile have been linked.
Tap
OK to confirm.
> The key currently in use will remain linked
to the selected driver profile as long as
the
Connect key box is not deselected.
Related information
?
Driver profiles (p. 112)
?
Editing a driver profile (p. 114)
?
Remote key (p. 224)

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2012 Discovery
Good info! What is the online manual you have? Where did you get it from?

Thanks

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
Good info! What is the online manual you have? Where did you get it from?

Thanks
Contact Volvo and order their FULL manual. $34.95 I was able to find a way to download an online version also. As I said, any questions, just send them to me. I am very responsive.

RL2016Rdesign

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90 R-Design
Hemorse
[/URL][/IMG], thanks for the information! I tried your above instructions but I cant get past the "set up" screen. For some reason my XC90 does not have the "System Driver Profile" I have included a pic of my center's display. I must be missing something here........

RL2016Rdesign

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90 R-Design
Here is what Volvo customer care wrote back when I asked them about programming my key remotes: Response By Email (Faye) (01/05/2016 03:20 PM)

Hello Roger,

Thank you for the information! Unfortunately, we do not have the ability to set the key memory in the 2016 XC90 at this time. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards,

Faye
Volvo Customer Care
Volvo Car USA

Very disappointing to say the least!

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
Strange! Here it is in the 2016 XC90 Manual

Here is what Volvo customer care wrote back when I asked them about programming my key remotes: Response By Email (Faye) (01/05/2016 03:20 PM)

Hello Roger,

Thank you for the information! Unfortunately, we do not have the ability to set the key memory in the 2016 XC90 at this time. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards,

Faye
Volvo Customer Care
Volvo Car USA

Very disappointing to say the least!
their names or lock a profile.
All types of changes in driver profiles are made
from the center display's Top view:
Settings
System Driver Profile.
Changing a profile's name
Changing a driver profile's name is done from the
Driver Profile window:
1. Mark the profile whose name is to be
changed (the
Guest profile cannot change
names).
Tap
Edit Profile.
> A list under the selected profile will open
in which the profile can be edited.
Tap the
Profile Name box.
> A keyboard will be displayed and can be
used to change the name.
Save the changes by tapping
Save
changes.
> The name has now been changed. The
changes will be saved automatically in the
profile if it is not locked (see "Locking/
unlocking a driver profile" below).
Locking/unlocking a driver profile
In some cases, it may be desirable to not save
certain settings in a driver profile. For this reason,
the profile can be locked. To lock/unlock a profile:
Mark the profile to be locked in the
Driver
window (the Guest profile cannot be
locked).
> A list under the selected profile will open
in which the profile can be edited.
Tap
Edit Profile.
>
The
Edit Profile window will open.
Tap the
Protect My Profile box to lock/
unlock the profile.
Save the changes by tapping
Save
changes
in Edit Profile.
> Changes to a locked profile will not be
saved automatically. The changes will
have to saved manually
Resetting driver profile changes
Settings changes that have been saved in one or
more driver profiles can be reset.
Tap
Settings in the center display's Top
view.
Select
System Global Reset Reset
Personal Settings
Select one of the following:
Reset for the
active profile
, Reset for all profiles or
Cancel.
Related information
?
Linking a remote key to a driver profile

RL2016Rdesign

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90 R-Design
Thanks Hemorse, I will give it a try in a few days!