jonosso

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Volvo XC90
I have had my 2017 T6 Inscription with Polestar Performance Package for under one year and have just over 30,000 miles on it. During that period of time I have had the following issues:

• Replenished coolant several times totaling almost 2 gallons. There has never been any sign of engine fluids on parking surfaces. The dealership has done a pressure testing and said everything was fine.

• Engine fan runs fast and loud like a jet engine after climbing a hill to my parents' home and turning off vehicle upon arrival

• Recently received "Engine System Reduced Performance" message with the vehicle barely able to move and coming to a stop
Has anyone encountered any of the above issues?

emoremio

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 R-Design Polestar
I have a 2017 T6 RDesign with Polestar and never had any issues like this, 17k miles

crewcabrob

Reactions
State
NE
Country
United States
What I Drive
XC90 Inscription
Hi,

No. You are the first one I know that has been on here reporting issues like that.

It has to be a leaky gasket or a crack that opens up during load. It wouldn't show during a normal pressure test. The engine is defiantly consuming the coolant somewhere.

Has your dealer checked the transmission fluid? most modern cars utilize the lower part of the radiator for a transmission cooler. there was quite a mess for Nissan a few years ago as the barrier between engine coolant and the transmission oil cooler got compromised on many vehicles. The two fluids mixed and nobody knew it for a long time. Then all sorts of issues started to manifest. One was coolant consumption.

Best of luck and keep us informed on what they find as the issue.

Rob

jonosso

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Volvo XC90
Rob: As it turns out, there indeed was a leak when the car was under load as you mentioned. When sitting still the dealer found nothing. They subsequently identified the leak when the car was in motion. Good call!!!