SRG963

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 Inscription
My dog loves to travel, he's with me on my current road trip, and I finally figured out how to lock the XC90 while running.

I'm not responsible for pinched arms.

Place spare inside.
Roll down front window.
Shut door.
Reach in and lock them.
Roll the window up.

And you will need to use one of the handles to open it back up.

Last edited:

Roysterama

Reactions
State
AL
Country
United States
I like the idea of saving gas using auto engine stop while at a stop light. However, it is annoying because It then shuts down whenever I open the door. I can't leave someone in the car with the AC running and stereo playing if I have to step out briefly. They have to sit in the heat and silence.
There must be an easier work around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SRG963

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 Inscription
I like the idea of saving gas using auto engine stop while at a stop light. However, it is annoying because It then shuts down whenever I open the door. I can't leave someone in the car with the AC running and stereo playing if I have to step out briefly. They have to sit in the heat and silence.
There must be an easier work around.

Slide your screen to the right to turn it off.

Roysterama

Reactions
State
AL
Country
United States
So, if I want to leave the car running while someone is in it just turn Auto Start off before getting out then turn it back on when I return. So simple, I'm now slightly embarrassed.

SRG963

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 Inscription
And you don't need to leave your key inside the vehicle as I first stated, better if you don't in fact. You only need to place the key inside the vehicle, reaching through the window, as you lock the doors.