Welcome newcomers, please introduce yourself!

VolvoFan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Welcome to the Volvo XC90 Forum. Please take a moment and introduce yourself, tell us what you currently drive or just say "Hi".[welcome]

Thanks again for joining, and welcome aboard!

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Hi everyone!

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Netherlands
Hi, members and viewers.
I'm from the Netherlands, drive a 2013 BMW X5 now and ordered a new Volvo XC90 T8 Hybrid a couple of weeks ago and expect to get the car in October 2015.

VolvoFan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Welcome aboard.

RonXC

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
Hi, members and viewers.
I'm from the Netherlands, drive a 2013 BMW X5 now and ordered a new Volvo XC90 T8 Hybrid a couple of weeks ago and expect to get the car in October 2015.
Congrats!

neoahmed

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Morocco
Hello, from Casablanca, Morocco volvo user since 5 years, my XC90 was the first momentum delivered here in July. I like it!

XCMike

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Hello, from Casablanca, Morocco volvo user since 5 years, my XC90 was the first momentum delivered here in July. I like it!
Welcome

batmore

Reactions
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 x5
Hello Everyone, I don't own a XC90 yet, but want to. I have had three Volvos in the past, can't remember their model numbers but two wagons and a convertible. Loved them all. Currently driving a 2014 BMW X5 and like it a lot, but really love the new Volvo XC90. Congrats to all you owners and soon to be owners.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
XC60 2011 - XC90 T8 feb 2016
Hello,

I have a Volvo XC90 T8 / Osmium Gray on order (since march 2015) latest expected delivery is feb 2016. My dealer provided (via a buyback plan) an XC60 beause my 1999 Lexus RX died. I also own a mini cooper convertible that I only use in summer. I live in Qu?bec were power is 100% renewable (hydro and wind) and very very cheep (5 cents US$ a kilowatt/hour).

piepoli1

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2004 XC90
Hi there all. new owner of a 2004 XC90 with 89,000 miles on it. I know there will be issues and I am hopeful that this forum will help me keep it going and save me a bundle. I belong to SAAB and Porsche forums for the same reason and it has always worked out well.

Parish

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all. I am 'between cars' at the moment my last being a Porsche Macan. I am going to need 7 (usable!) seats next year due to an ever growing brood of grandchildren and a visit by my wife's aunt from Australia. So I am taking my time and doing as much research as possible including joining forums to get the inside track from the most knowledgable people - owners. I was tempted by another Range Rover Sport (having owned 3 previously) but the forums are so full of complaints about quality and reliability that I have just today decided to ditch that option. I am fascinated by the new XC90 - particularly the T8 hybrid and hope to hear more positive views from those folk already driving one.

mcphx

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 - XC90
Proud new owner of 2016 XC90! Hello everyone.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2012 Discovery
Hi everyone, currently on my 3rd Land Rover Discovery but fancy a change, love the look of the New XC90 R Design and may well be looking to change next year. Anyone gone on a similar route?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2016yr Volvo XC90 Momentum
Hi everyone, currently on my 3rd Land Rover Discovery but fancy a change, love the look of the New XC90 R Design and may well be looking to change next year. Anyone gone on a similar route?
Hi all, from a newcomer in Yorkshire England. Just celebrating my second week of ownership of a 2016yr XC90 D5 Momentum in Osmium Grey over Blonde interior.

Skeptackle - came to the Volvo after eleven years of Land Rover ownership, the last seven being in Discovery 4s (LR4 to those in US). I was going to go for another LR but decided to have a test drive of the XC90 after reading the good reviews in several magazines. After a half day loan we were sold on the vehicle. The 4 cylinder engine is not quite as smooth or quiet as the LR's SDV6 and the ride is more intrusive even on standard 19" wheels but certainly not a show stopper, just a personal observation. I've probably been spoiled by the Disco's cosseting air suspension!

One thing that I do find disappointing is the feeble reversing lights on the Volvo. We have quite a long unlit driveway that I reverse down on an evening. The Disco had fantastic reversing lights that fully illuminated the way; with the XC90 I'm struggling to see more than 6 feet behind the vehicle. This has been compounded by the current wet and foggy weather we have been experiencing.

However enough of the negatives, do I have any regrets in going down this route? In a word, "No"! It's a great vehicle, a real technological tour de force. Same raised driving position, better on road performance and reduced running costs all round. Road tax is now only ?145, insurance has reduced by ?170 and I'm getting an indicated 43mpg on routes where I used to get 29 from the Disco. I have had none of the issues that have been reported on other forums, in fact no problems at all, so far.

Hope this is helpful, I'll update as ownership progresses.

XCMike

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Welcome [MENTION=134]Tanngnjostr[/MENTION]

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2012 Discovery
Skeptackle - came to the Volvo after eleven years of Land Rover ownership, the last seven being in Discovery 4s (LR4 to those in US). I was going to go for another LR but decided to have a test drive of the XC90 after reading the good reviews in several magazines. After a half day loan we were sold on the vehicle. The 4 cylinder engine is not quite as smooth or quiet as the LR's SDV6 and the ride is more intrusive even on standard 19" wheels but certainly not a show stopper, just a personal observation. I've probably been spoiled by the Disco's cosseting air suspension!

One thing that I do find disappointing is the feeble reversing lights on the Volvo. We have quite a long unlit driveway that I reverse down on an evening. The Disco had fantastic reversing lights that fully illuminated the way; with the XC90 I'm struggling to see more than 6 feet behind the vehicle. This has been compounded by the current wet and foggy weather we have been experiencing.

However enough of the negatives, do I have any regrets in going down this route? In a word, "No"! It's a great vehicle, a real technological tour de force. Same raised driving position, better on road performance and reduced running costs all round. Road tax is now only ?145, insurance has reduced by ?170 and I'm getting an indicated 43mpg on routes where I used to get 29 from the Disco. I have had none of the issues that have been reported on other forums, in fact no problems at all, so far.

Hope this is helpful, I'll update as ownership progresses.
Fantastic reply, just what I wanted to hear really, I have had a short test drive (probably 15 mins as our local Indy we deal with had one for a day or so on demo) but hoping to have another from them for a day next week to really get a good feel of it and sit it next to the disco for a compare.
I am just second guessing myself, if I am doing the right thing and changing the car that I have loved but at the end of the day the disco platform is over 10 years old and I feel I just want something a bit different and maybe more up to date. And let face it the new disco will deliver that but probably at a price above ?65K for the spec I'd like and another 18 months away.
What spec did you go for and assume you didn't go for air suspension?

Cheers

Skeptackle

carlsbad

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
Hi! I am an owner of the 2016 XC90. I got it in June and love most of it but I have been having some software issues, that I am hoping to find some help with since Volvo hasn't been very responsive.

VolvoFan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Hi! I am an owner of the 2016 XC90. I got it in June and love most of it but I have been having some software issues, that I am hoping to find some help with since Volvo hasn't been very responsive.
Welcome aboard.